Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Countdown is ON

It is officially the week before the last week of my last finals as an undergrad. It is eight days before my last anthropology paper of my bachelor's is due (maybe I should write it sooner than later), and I am 17 days away from walking across the stage to claim my degree! Hold the applause!!



Really? Did I, Jessica Griggs Burnette, finally finish something I started? No, technically speaking,...not yet! I am so anxious as this countdown approaches because, to be quite honest, I have never really followed all the way through with anything. My whole life, I have struggled to find the place that my ever-wondering mind, hyperactive body, and sensitive soul (cliche, i know...i know, but i had to go there) could coexist in harmony and happiness. I have settled into places where one or two of the trio could be content, but someone was always left feeling a bit abandoned. I keep waiting for one to speak up, and activate the freak out neuron that sends me into a spiraling frantic, searching for the new place to hang my hat. As this chapter's end grows near, I am slowly starting to believe that I have found that space that I was put on this little earth to exist within. Anthropology has forever expanded and enhanced my views of humankind and our existence as a species in a way that I am positive will allow me to contribute to the world of Science and Humanity in a way that is true to who I am. I feel that I will be leaving my mark on this world in a more positive and thorough regard, all because I have finally found the path that enhanced who I already thought myself to be. I am truly starting to feel that I was "raised up" to be a little anthropologist, and that all of the muddy, broken, and rutted roads before, were leading me straight to the path of least resistance.



                                         Fingers crossed for the continuation of confirmation ;-)

4 comments: