Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Brief Introduction to my Beautiful Dirt & Dreams

Here we go! I am preparing for a new anthropological adventure, and in doing so, I have decided to start a blog to keep all of my friends and family up to date and in touch with my life while I am abroad. I have chosen a career that is going to keep me on the go, and while I am loving every second of it, I often feel a bit disconnected from the people who are closest to me. I am finding out that most of my summers will be spent abroad or inside of a cave, or submerged neck deep in some beautiful dirt, and most everyone in my life is left behind. This part is difficult for me because I am really over-attached to my friends and family--no..really...i mean....really.over.attached. =-'/

Last summer while working in the Mayan ruins of Belize, it was extra difficult for me to find the appropriate outlet that allowed me to describe the beautiful dirt that I was experiencing. I want those I love the most to get to experience these adventures along side of me. I want them to know that all of their sacrifice is going toward amazing work. Facebook just doesn't cut it, and email is not effective enough, because without fail, someone doesn't get cc'd on the most important email of the week, and I am left wondering why they haven't responded, while they are wondering if I have fallen into a deep dark hole, forever lost in a dark and (not so) scary cave!

With all of this said my new blog beautifuldirtdreams.blogspot.com is going to be dedicated to keeping those I love the most uber informed while I am away =)

INDIA!! 

My next destination will be to the country of my dreams, India. On May 10th at 10 AM, I will have successfully finished my undergraduate degree in anthropology. At 5:30 PM I will be on a plane to India! Yes, a bit hectic, but if you don't already know me well enough, you will soon learn that is the story of my life. I have yet to determine if this is of my own doings or if it was written in the stars when I was born. Ether way, I seem to somehow always complicate things to the max, and somehow always survive it ;-)

If you are interested in my anthropological voyages, follow my blog and stay in touch.

xo ~

10 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!! Now I will know if you are Alive or not !! I miss u already :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you would most certainly know if I wasn't! ;-P love u!

      Delete
  2. O huney. Im so excited about your new blog. Now I will always know what you are doing. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! I'll be following. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Would you mind showing Aunt Chris too? I would like for her to get to see my Indian adventure.

      Delete
  4. Jess, you're like the next crocodile dun-Dee!! Lol, well minus wrangling wild animals... So tell me what exactly you are doing while your gone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Who is this? No name is on the comment. I'm afraid to talk to strangers ;-) hehe

      Delete
  5. Okay- So you should add some widgits to your side bar- like definitely the "sign up by email" one- that way people who don't know a lot about blogs can get your new posts by email... hmmm, I'll think of some other ones too :)

    ReplyDelete